Berry and Brie Cedar Plank French Toast
Yasss!!! Our first recipe feature and you guys this is AMAZING! You guys HAVE to check out all of Lori's incredible recipes. She is a goddess in the kitchen. Follow her on Instagram @killerketocook You'll thank yourself later! This ain't your average French Toast ya'll. Have you ever had your French toast served on a smoky and delicious cedar plank?! This was an absolute experiment for me and it turned out more delicious and beautiful than I ever could have imagined. Here is a fun twist on a classic that will treat your mouth to a super fun and unexpected flavor experience.
- 4 Slices Real Phat Foods grain free bread
- 1 egg
- 3 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 3 TBSP golden sweetener (I used swerve)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Fresh Berries of choice
- Brie cheese
- Sugar free maple syrup
- Soak plank for 15 minutes
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat and let planks begin to warm and char.
- Whisk Eggs, heavy cream, sweetener, cinnamon and vanilla in dish large enough to dunk the bread slices.
- Dunk bread slices into egg mixture and place on plank. You may need to do this on two separate planks depending on the size you are using.
- Close grill and allow to cook 5 minutes.
- Add the berries and brie over the toast and close grill for approximately 2 minutes until the brie is melted.
- Drizzle liberally with syrup. Enjoy!!!
We recommend the Wildwood grilling western red cedar plank. You can buy it here.